<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Oxford/Bush Dictionary

I really need to grab a copy of this. Apparently the word "stable" means something that I do not think it means. To wit, last month Bush said this: "I'm satisfied with the people I've surrounded myself with. We've been a remarkably stable administration, and I think that's good for the country." He didn't offer any facts to conform to this theory, but regardless, I think I may think I have my words mixed up, and what they mean, etc. Because it appears as if "stable" means "the military doesn't want to follow your orders anymore." I can think of a few times in history when a leader/dictator/king overstepped his power, exhausted his military's resources, disrespected the needs of the military, and lost the military's respect with political motives to wars with ambiguous and costly ends. Ultimately, many of these leaders subsequently fell victim to a coup, or assasination attempt. But this is not what "stable" means to me, so I must have the words mixed around somehow. Maybe Bush meant "remarkably stable" in a sense that had to do with horses?

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?