<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 27, 2006

Happy Birthday Mozart

Following is a poem just written by "The Curmudgeon in Training," who is taking a sabbatical from the blogosphere. I liked the poem so much I asked if I could post it here. He said yes. Here it is: I Listened To Mozart I listened to Mozart's Requiem last night, a mid-seventies document from Academy and Chorus of St. Martin in the Fields, Neville Marriner; John Shirley-Quirk, bass. Voca. Voca me. I listened to Mozart's Requiem, late last night. I tapped my foot and drank deeply from a cork-stopped bottle of single barrel bourbon, a bourbon of smoky texture and heritage. Voca. Voca me. I listened to Mozart's Requiem last night, and remembered a decade past; a baritone position in a chorus of depth, singing with appetite, the joy of transient youth. Voca. Voca me. I listened to Mozart's Requiem last night. Late. I heard it for the first time, for myself.

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?