<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Hallelujah, Pt. 2

Six out of 10 Americans now oppose the Iraq war. To quote Martin Luther King, Jr. "The arc of history is long, but it bends toward justice." I watched "Control Room," recently. It's a very cheap documentary about Al Jazeera, the Arabic news station that fell under rhetorical attack for being soft on terrorism. It was quite an eye-opening documentary. In my opinion, Al Jazeera was absolutely biased during the invasion of Iraq. But as you watched how these very reasonable and rational journalists went about their job, it made me realize that their bias was just about as strong as the American journalists bias for our actions. But one moment stands clear. The main journalist that the documentary focused on was a very large and likable Arabic fellow who was completely flummoxed by the US invasion of Iraq. It seemed crazy and absurd to him (as it did to me), but he said something that was astounding. He said (I'm paraphrasing) "I believe in America and I believe in the Constitution. I think this craziness is temporary and Americans themselves will eventually see it and put a stop to it." Amen, brother.

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?