<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 24, 2005

My Oscar Picks

I got a late start this year, so there are still a few important movies I haven't seen yet, but here are my picks. Note: I did not pick the ones I liked the best, I picked the ones that I believe the Academy will like best for their political stance on various issues. As far as I'm concerned the two movies that were the best this year were "Sideways," "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" and "Napolean Dynamite." Best Picture: Ray Best Actor: Don Cheadle for Hotel Rwanda Best Actress: Hilary Swank for Million Dollar Baby (She actually was my favorite) Best Supporting Actor: Jamie Foxx for Collateral Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett for The Aviator (also very good) Best Director: Mike Leigh for Vera Drake (Never saw it, but I'm voting for it because the topic is a political darling of Hollywood.) Best Original Screenplay: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind -- Charlie Kaufman Best Adapted Screenplay: Sideways -- Alexander Payne, Jim Taylor Cinematography: The Passion of the Christ Editing: Ray Art Direction: A Very Long Engagement Costume Design: Troy Original Score: The Passion of the Christ Visual Effects: I, Robot Best Animated Feature Film: The Incredibles I didn't show my picks for several topis. I didn't see any animated shorts, for example, except that time I took those magic mushrooms and pranced about in my boxers.

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?