<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 01, 2004

Random Election Thoughts

I am just filled with anticipation. 1. Preparing myself for either horrible news or fantastic news is a rather unusual state of mind for me. I would equate it to having a 50% chance for a horrible diagnosis as the result of a medical test. Luckily, this has never happened to me or one of my family. The closest thing I can equate it to is my youthful romances, when I would be utterly head-over-heels in love with a girl. I would decide to tell the girl, and her reaction would give me either utter delight or horrible depression. 2. If the trauma of the past four years has done anything for us, it has brought the nation to a place of such desperation that we will finally have a decent turnout of voters. 3. This election is so close, that some groups are facilitating "vote swapping," where someone in a battleground who is voting for a 3rd party candidate state can swap votes with someone in a solid red or solid blue state. I would create a link to that site if I thought this was a wise practice. I do not. 4. KOS has said something that is important. Even if your state is solid red, go vote for Kerry anyway, because if he wins the electoral college without a plurality of votes, it will make him vulnerable to criticism, just as Bush was. So every Californian should go vote (for Kerry). 5. I have a gloomy feeling that the post-election debacle will cast a dubious pall over the Whitehouse AGAIN. Look for info here on TMOTM on election reform. 6. Brace yourself, it's going to be a long day tomorrow.

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?