<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Rules of War

As I'm getting more experience on the topic of terrorism (we all are), my opinions are evolving somewhat. There was a point in time when I actually felt that America was somewhat culpable for the 9/11 attacks. I criticized our foreign policy and said "Hey, you can't piss people off without expecting to have a bunch of pissed off people." In defense of myself, I was naive. After thinking about it and debating the topic both online and off, I've come to the conclusion that terrorism is 100% evil 100% of the time, and the targetted nations are 100% innocent even though they might not be perfect. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't improve our policies overseas. It's just a completely different topic. Musab al-Zarqawi is a coward and I will never give an ounce of credence to any group who uses tactics such as his. If the world wants to end attacks on the innocent, the only response we should take to guys like al-Zarqawi is utter condemnation, with no inward look. Chew my fat one, Musab.

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?